Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Ein

My life just got a whole lot furrier when this little rascal arrived last Friday. Everyone, meet Ein!

Ein is short for Josepfine, her registered name. Ask her Ukrainian breeder why that spelling. Anyway, we decided to keep the name since it's pretty close to Ein, the name of the hyper-intelligent Pembroke Welsh Corgi in Cowboy Bebop (which got me interested in corgis in the first place). 

She's three months old now. Alternately hyperactive and dead lazy, but always seeking attention and belly rubs. Celine and I have our hands full in the next few months; slowly trying to fit her in to our once mutt-less routine. It's like having a baby, only with paws and doggy breath. I'm not totally there yet picking up after her poo, which she does four times a day! (at least she does it outside the house most of the time).
napping after our early morning walk (photo: Celina Cruz)
It's too early to tell if she'll be interested in the outdoors. Walking her just around the compound takes much prodding and motivation. 
she likes to run, for about ten seconds.
But corgis are traditionally herding dogs, so I'm sure shell come around. Right now, she's very curious about my outdoor gear and anything she can fit in her mouth.
checking out my busted stove
We really hope she's an adventure dog waiting to grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment