Monday, July 27, 2015

[New Book] Charity book drive finds

I chanced upon the book drive organized in our office, and of course I couldn't resist digging around for interesting titles. It was a bit tough, though. The setup was chaotic, and I could feel my inner OCD struggling to get free in order to organize the books. Obviously I had to restrain myself lest earn the wrath of the staff spouses (a.k.a. the organizers). 

Tough as it was to dig through the pile, I still managed to score these two coffeetable books: Doug Scott, Himalayan Climber, and Mike Harding's Footloose in the Himalaya.
I know of Doug Scott from other books I've read (and Wikipedia, of course). He's one of those bad-ass mountaineers during the time of Sir Chris Bonnington and Reinhold Messner, usually in alpine-style.

Mike Harding's book is more of a travel book in the line of Michael Palin's Himalaya, a chronicle of the author's travels in this ancient mountain kingdom. 

Of course, it will take me a while before I even peruse the introduction. For now, I'm just savoring the fact that I scored mountaineering books in a charity book drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment