Sunday, May 11, 2014

Surprise new gear!

Cece surprised me with a new Therm-a-rest sleeping pad after I got back from Mt. Guiting-guiting. It's from their ProLite line. Yay! What a sweet gal!


I sort of knew what she was up to, especially when we both got our dividends from REI. I've been frustrated with my old UtraLite, which I bought nearly 10 years ago. There's a mysterious puncture in the sleeping pad that I couldn't find even after the "bubble test" (submerging the inflated pad under water and checking for bubbles). The pad loses air in about 3 hours of use. 

In the last decade, a lot of new technology has allowed manufacturers to make their products lighter and compact when packing. ProLite is Therm-a-rest's lightest product to date.

I'm excited to take it up the mountains, even back to the sawtooth ridge of Mt. Guiting-guiting! 

While waiting for the next climb, we'll use it indoors, for now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment