Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The North Face 100 Philippines 2016 - Regrets?

Congratulations to all who dared and joined The North Face 100 last weekend. Whether you finished or not, you proved your mettle and challenged your limits. It was fun seeing you guys suffer. hehehe
50 km runners raring to go
Kidding aside. I remember putting this race in my "to-do" list at the start of the year. It's been six years since I joined and ambled along the 50KM route. I missed the succeeding races for a number of reasons/excuses; this year, it was lack of training.
UP Mountaineers represent!
Somehow in the past 3 months, my body totally shut down from the desire to do anything active. I promised myself to get at least in decent shape so I won't die in the course. But as the event came closer, I began digging deeper into our couch, eyes transfixed at the TV. Soon enough, I've embraced the couch potato life. I skipped on all the opportunities to train with friends and the pre-TNF100 races to condition my body. It's a mixed bag of reasons/excuses, but in the end, it's all in the mind. I lost focus and motivation to do anything.

the "support" crew
So do I regret not being able to join in the "fun" this year? Perhaps. I did enjoy lollygagging in cool Baguio during the long weekend. Stuffing my face with food seemed better than struggling with the heat and rain to finish 100 km in 30 hours.

What I regret more right now is losing the motivation during the last few months. The fire needs to be re-kindled. The year is still young. Lots of adventures await.

No comments:

Post a Comment