Friday, June 13, 2014

New Book Find - Quest for Adventure

A lot of people are off work today, taking advantage of the Independence Day holiday to head off for a 4-day weekend. But that's totally unrelated to this entry.

It's Friday the 13th! But I feel lucky with what I found: A first edition of Chris Bonnington's Quest for Adventure! (printed 1981)

It's not actually an addition to my collection, per se, as I already have a different copy of this book, although a softcover version. Although that first copy might be an updated version; so there's a possibility that I'll end up keeping both!

The book outlines what Sir Chris considers to be the greatest adventures at that time. While he's most famous for his mountaineering exploits, he chose to cover a wide range of expeditions, from the depths of the earth up to the moon. After all, adventure comes in different forms, and is only limited by what man can conceive to be a worthwhile endeavor.

I wonder why this book is much thicker than the one I have at home (even the one I found at Books for Less months ago). I can only assume that's the fashion book publishing in the early 80's.

UPDATE: turns out the book I firsts bought was indeed a revised/updated edition containing notable adventures from 1980 to the late 90's. So I'll be keeping them both, after all. - D
Found this in National Bookstore nearly a decade ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment