Monday, June 30, 2014

The Week that was (Part 2)

June 23-24 - After a weekend of running under the unforgiving sun and having too much beer in your system (I wisely turned down any drink offers after Saturday's party), it was time to recover.

Work was still work, nothing I could do about that. I still haven't won the lotto, so I can't quit my job. My only problem is that all that staring into the computer screen, checking endless spreadsheets, have put a strain in my eye. I've had this condition since late last year. There came a point that I was seeing images on the screen in 3D! The doctor said that the lens in my eye has a scratch that refracts the light, creating the 3D effect. I had to put artificial tears to lubricate my eyes, to avoid further scratching.

A couple of months ago it appeared to have gone away. Probably because I was spending less time staring at the monitor. But it came back, and now I have to be doubly conscious of putting the eye drops more regularly, otherwise--as a friend warned--it could get worse (i.e. some expensive eye operation).
***
I'm slowly trying to get back to the habit of biking to work. I started the year with the vow to commute at least 100 work days by bike. But, as the cliche goes, life got in the way, and I'm way behind my target.

You might remember from my previous post my need to get back in shape, starting with riding more often. For now, I promised myself that I'll at least bike during my "coding" days, and slowly add more days, if time and weather permits. I must do this. Price of gas is steadily rising again, and my last visit to the mechanic cost me P2,500 in maintenance fees! So biking is the answer.

Read: (part 1) (part 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment